Made by our exceptionally skilled artisans with only the finest Italian leathers, our products will stand the test of time if you know how to care for them properly. As leather is a living material, your product will naturally change, soften and gain a patina over time. At Moranzani, we use only full grain leather in all our products, crafted in such a way as to maintain its grain and natural features (wrinkles, veins and pores) which all remain visible throughout its product lifetime. This is the unique character of real leather, which authenticates its exceptional quality and ability to age with beauty. The hardware on our products are exclusively designed for Moranzani; the majority polished by hand and plated with palladium or 18 carat gold. We always select the highest grade of metals in all our elements and hardware pieces, with a range of finishes and colour tones to complement our designs.
Please read the following guidance carefully. By following our product care advice, you will be able to ensure that your Moranzani leather goods are maintained in excellent condition:
- Protect it from the natural elements: water, oil, heat, light and both humid and dry environments.
- Ensure that your product is not exposed to prolonged and intense heat and light (e.g. direct sunlight, in a window, on a radiator etc.). Exposure to light and heat may change its colour.
- Do not let your leather product come into contact with water. If this occurs, wipe it immediately with a soft, lint-free cloth. This will prevent the formation of stains and blisters.
- Other substances which can leave permanent marks on leather include: ink, oil-based products (including makeup) and alcohol-based products (including perfume). Please take care to ensure that if you are using your Moranzani bag to carry these goods, that they are properly sealed to minimise any leakage and potential permanent damage to your bag.
- In order to maintain the original shape of your product, refrain from placing sharp, irregular shaped or heavy items inside.
Give it some TLC:
To preserve its beauty, your Moranzani product must be treated with the upmost care.
- When you are not using your product, put it to bed in the best possible preservation conditions. We recommend storing your product in its Moranzani dust cover and original box.
- It should also be kept in a clean and dry environment, out of direct light.
- To maintain its shape, place tissue paper or bubble wrap inside the product; do not over-stuff the bag either, as this may also cause undesirable changes to its original shape.
Protect the bags hardware/metal elements by avoiding exposure to hard, rough or abrasive surfaces that may scratch, damage or alter the metals protective coating.
Trust the Professionals:
If you need further guidance on caring for your leather goods, or if you have any questions or concerns, please Contact Us and we will be able to assist you further.